Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Proud to be a member of this community

On the first people I met in Nevada County in 1971 was a young man named Robert (Bobby Lee) Ohrum. He lived in Washington with his mom and dad, Louise and Robert, and brother Carl. We became friends and have continually "bumped" into each other over the years, and shared a big hug and kiss and catch-up session. Last year Bobby Lee died in a single motorcycle crash on Indian Springs Road. He was 58, and was much loved here in Nevada County. I came home from my trip last week to see that his friends had held a 1 yr anniversary "poker run" and raised money in Bobby's name for a scholarship fund for the kids of Washington, and to help his mother, Louise, who he had always financially assisted. What a great community, and what great friends to keep the memory alive and make someone's life continue to help and improve others lives. Kudo's friends of Bobby Lee. I leave his email address in my book so I will be reminded of his life and kindness. I hope to participate in the run next year, and I can hear his raspy and infectious laugh whenever I think of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment