Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2008

To Donate Or Not To Donate

Things are tough for most of us this year, and as you may guess, donations are down. I went to the dinner and silent auction at the Foundry last weekend put on by Kawaias. As I was trolling the tables looking for something to bid on, I though about what a win/win proposition these events actually are. In the case that you were planning to buy and item or service anyway (and there are so many to choose from!) for yourself, or as a birthday or Christmas gift, by purchasing at the auction you will (1) get the item at the retail or better price and (2) the full amount goes to the charity (not some corporation). A classic case of getting your cake and eating it too! I left with much of my Christmas shopping done, a few services in town that I will gladly use this season, and the money goes to a GREAT CAUSE. Many thanks to the businesses that donate these wonderful goods, and if you go, remember, you can afford to be generous with your bids! Between the auctions, street fairs and all our charming shops, who needs big box stores???????

No comments:

Post a Comment