Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Get "Tangled" with your neighbors

Friday, July 1st at 8:30 is the first of the Firehouse Movie Series put on by the Cascade Shores Womens Club. So bring your most comfy chair, a nice blankey, and don't forget the kids. The movie is shown outside in the parking lot, and it's FREE. So fun! "Tangled" is a wonderful animated Disney film based on the story "Repunzel" by the Brothers Grimm, featuring the voices of Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi and Donna Murphy. At a reported $260 MIL, it's the most expensive film every produced by Disney. The CSHA is providing the popcorn and drinks, all you have to do is show up at dark o'clock. The Americorp kids are still camping in the Firehouse, so there may be a crowd, but this gives you a chance to thank them for their commitment to making us firesafe here. Hope to see you there.
**************************
This is very self serving, but Phil and I bought a lovely 2bed/2bath house on Cascade Dr. that is on the rental market. If you know anyone interested in renting a charming place here in the shores, send them our way. It also has a detached 2 car garage with an extra room over (office?). It really is lovely. Our phone is 530-265-8680. Thanks!
******************************
To the person who wrote to me that they can't walk their dogs without fear of them being harassed by other dogs here in the shores, please write to me at caindenises@gmail.com. I'd like to discuss this. Perhaps I can give you some tips on a safe route. I walk my dogs alot, and without incidence. There are some streets I avoid as a few charging dogs scare me a bit too. It's unfortunate that owners don't understand how intimidating it is to be charged by and unknown dog, regardless of how "friendly" they think their dog is . . . .

1 comment:

  1. While we are on the topic of dogs. I am going to start enforcing the "No Dogs" policy inside the gate at Lost Mine Lake. The posted rules at the lake apply to EVERYONE. There is a dog beach at the lake - so use the dog beach or leave your dog at home. I am a dog lover and owner and a huge dog advocate - but rules are rules. I watched a rambunctious dog knock down a toddler at LML 2 times and when I approached the owner about the no dog policy I got a sarcastic response that her dog could not read the posted signs. That's why dogs have owners - to read for them. Be responsible - and follow the rules. Don't make us take this issue further. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete