Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 12, 2011

anyone missing a real nice dog? Akita or Husky?

Well, after keeping the Husky I found wandering on Quaker Hill for 24 hours, found out he lives right around the corner. He is 13 years old, and I think has a little "dogheimers" if you know what I mean. I make a plea to you all, PUT I.D. ON YOUR ANIMALS, and leave it on at all times! I could have returned him promptly home if he had a tag. Instead, his owner had to worry about him for 24 hours. Seems he went over the fence (good feat, at 13). Working at the shelter, I see many much loved dogs arrive as strays, and we have NO WAY to locate the owners without tags or microchips. After 4 days at shelter they are the property of the shelter, and can be adopted. If they are adopted, we cannot divulge to you, who arrives on day 5, the names of new owners. I also see deceased dogs arrive for disposal. No way to notify owner. This could all be resolved quickly with a tag/micro chip. Lecture over.
************************************
CHANGING gears here, Dixie and Robert Crabb's going away party at the National Hotel this Sunday commences at 3PM. Do come by to wish them well! I'm still crying in my beer . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment